THERMAL IMAGING REVEALS HIDDEN HEALTH ISSUES
“THERMOGRAPHY WILL SOMEDAY PLAY A MAJOR ROLE IN PERSONAL PREVENTATIVE HEALTH CARE"... MARILYN A. ROUBIDOUZ, MD
Thermal imaging is becoming one of the most talked about medical diagnostic tools available today. It reveals a wealth of information about the human body that can help people live healthier lives.
Physicians, sports therapists, employers and others are engaging this technology to provide the ultimate health assessment for patients and employees. It is an extremely accurate preventive and diagnostic tool that uses heat sensing to locate physiological and metabolic “hot spots” — anywhere inflammation or pain is prone to occur or is currently causing symptoms.
While x-rays and MRIs provide information on the body structure, thermography is the only imaging technology showing functional changes. This information is useful for identifying, preventing and treating a variety of conditions, including:
• Chronic pain
• Blood clots
• Dental infection
• Liver or kidney dysfunction
• Carpel tunnel syndrome
• Neck and back injury
• Repetitive strain injury
• Pre-cancer conditions
• Nerve injury
• Thermal imaging registers skin temperature from more than 100 points on the body. The image produced as a result of the infrared scan is called a thermograph and displays major organs, tissues and systems of the body. Using the skin temperature patterns, the physician can determine metabolic activity throughout the body.
• For example, a thermal imaging scan can show inflammation of the carotid artery, which can be a precursor to stroke. This helps the physician devise a treatment plan, including additional tests. Detecting an abnormality at an early stage allows the physician to address potential problems before they become chronic. In addition, an annual screening will show if and where changes are occurring.
• Thermal Imaging is completely safe for patients of all ages. No radiation, discomfort or pain is involved. The scan is completely private — patients are not seen or touched by the technician.
• Are you ready to know the secrets the human body holds? RX2Live provides this tool for physicians, corporate wellness programs, senior care facilities and more.